The Privacy Act defines personal information as information about an identifiable individual.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from you for the purpose of fulfilling your purchase order, dealing with enquiries, offering you products that may be of interest to you and to perform market research.
You are not required to provide us with your personal information. But if you do not provide all the personal information we request, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We are required to process your personal information under the GDPR on one of the specified legal bases. We will hold, use and disclose personal information about you only for the primary purpose for which we have collected it and related purposes including:
- to fulfil the terms of a contract when you place an order with us to facilitate your purchase order, including delivery and payment collection, if necessary;
- on our legitimate interests of analysing trends in and marketing other goods and services we provide that may interest you in future and in managing our relationship with customers and suppliers and some additional after sales communications such as a product recalls or relevant additional information that might come to light about the product you purchased. Your name, telephone number and address information is retained when making a purchase by telephone. This information can then be used to provide a more efficient service for subsequent purchases made by telephone. Records of your order history are retained so our customer service team are able to assist with questions, warranty claims and other aftersales assistance that may be required;
- with your consent, for example when asking us a question about a product or communicating with our customer services team so we can respond to your enquiry; and
- when under a legal obligation to do so.
SHARING YOUR DATA
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including our service providers such as delivery companies, IT service providers, payment system operators and our related companies. Some of our service providers provide services to us from overseas locations and we may in order to receive those services occasionally transfer personal information overseas, predominantly to the Asia Pacific Region. This includes personal information from individuals based in the EEA and United Kingdom.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to access, update, or correct your personal information which we hold, please contact our Customer Service team: email@example.com We will take reasonable steps to comply with such requests and providing you with a copy of it. We may refuse to provide you with certain information where required by law.
YOUR DATA RIGHTS (GDPR)
· request access to and a copy of the personal information we hold on you;
· request rectification of personal information that you believe is incorrect or incomplete;
· withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information where this is based on your consent;
· request erasure of your personal information in some circumstances, but not in cases where, for example, we are legally obligated to retain such data;
· unsubscribe from marketing and mailings, this can also be done by clicking on an unsubscribe link in an email;
· request that the processing of your personal information be restricted in certain circumstances;
· object to processing which is based on our or another party's legitimate interests for reasons related to your specific situation; and
· transfer your data (known as data portability) in certain circumstances by requesting a copy of the personal information we hold on you in a structured format that you can then transfer to another recipient.
HOLDING & SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to both protect your personal information and to destroy or de-identify it when it is no longer required, including through a range of physical and electronic security measures.
We implement technical and organisational measures, policies and procedures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorised disclosure or access to personal information we process. We use a range of security measures to protect the personal information that we hold, including by placing confidentiality requirements on our staff members and service providers and applying all best practices to keep all databases secure.
PROCEDURE FOR COMPLAINTS
In the EEA and United Kingdom, you may also contact your local supervisory authority if you do not feel we have dealt with your complaint to us in a satisfactory manner under the GDPR. You can also contact us by mailing Brand Developers Limited c/- 49 Greek Street, London, United Kingdom, W1D 4EG if you are located in the United Kingdom and need to contact us regarding your data protection concerns.
FINDING OUT ABOUT OUR MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to find out more about our management of personal information or our approach to privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer: